Eagle Rock School’s 71st trimester officially ended last week, with students from all points of the compass heading home for a well-deserved break. Same goes for many staff and instructional specialists — many are welcoming a short break afforded by the trimester cycle. But as you’ll see from reading on, not all who call Eagle Rock home are on break.
Staff that are on break return to campus on Monday, May 8, followed by veteran students who come back on Sunday, May 14, to participate in some All School activities and house retreats before classes start on Monday, May 22.
Eagle Rock’s new students — the incoming group we’ll refer to as ER 72 — arrive on Saturday, May 20, just in time for a week of being on campus before heading out for their wilderness orientation, which begins on Monday, May 29.
So where does that leave the senior management team of Eagle Rock School and Professional Development Center? Hard at work, of course, starting off with a board meeting at American Honda Co. in Torrance, California, that gets underway later this week.
For our Professional Development team members, the schedule is packed with nine deliveries, meetings, and retreats throughout the country, including:
- April 19-21: Michael Soguero, Eagle Rock’s director of professional development, will be attending a community of practice cohort at Big Picture Learning California in Los Angeles.
- April 23 – 26: Michael will participate in a Leadership High School Network convening distinguishers event in Albuquerque, N.M.
- April 27 – 28: He will also attend a student-centered Deeper Learning convening in Philadelphia, Pa.
- May 2: Sarah Bertucci, Eagle Rock’s professional development associate, will visit the Burlington School District in Burlington, Vt. for a Restorative Practices program.
- May 2: Michael will be in Denver Colo., representing Eagle Rock at a Colorado Department of Education meeting.
- May 3: Sarah will be with the staff at Winooski Middle/High School in Winooski, Vt., for a leadership team retreat.
- May 4: Dan Condon, Eagle Rock’s associate director of professional development, will support an Opportunity Gap cohort for the Denver Public School’s Professional Learning Community in Denver, Colo.
- May 4 – 5: Sarah will be in Stowe, Vt., to support the work of The Rowland Foundation fellowship program.
- May 5: Michael wraps up the spring break sessions with a training event on Entrepreneur Education for the Austin Independent School District in Austin, Texas.
If you need to contact an Eagle Rock staff member during this break of ours, please send an email to that person. Many of our staff check email during break and will respond to messages based on availability.