Even in the midst of a pandemic, life within the Eagle Rock community continues, as does the occasional opportunity for new staff members to join our team. With that in mind, we are currently seeking candidates for the position of Professional Development Associate, and we would like to have that new staff member onboard by March 1, 2021.
As with all of our positions at Eagle Rock, we’re looking for a person who believes in the potential of young people and is eager to join educators and communities in being a part of enacting major changes in schools across the country. Our winning candidate should be completely comfortable with working at a diverse, tuition-free boarding school that has at its core a belief system that is based on antiracism, relationships, and beloved community.
Before we get to the responsibilities required for the position, we need to outline the qualifications.
- First, you must possess a bachelor’s or master’s degree, excellent facilitation and organizational skills, extensive public school experience, and connections to organizations and supporters of antiracist educational change.
- In addition, you should be skillful at collaborating with young people, fellow colleagues, educators, administrators, and networks of school partners. You should have experience in working with individuals from diverse racial, ethnic and cultural background, as well as those who identify as LGBTQ+.
- Finally, we are looking to hire someone who considers working at Eagle Rock as more of a calling than a 9 to 5 job. This means possessing boundless energy, a team mentality, visionary thinking, seasoned judgment, and a sense of humor.
Among the responsibilities of the professional development associate are these specific requirements:
- You will work nationwide with the rest of the Eagle Rock Professional Development Center(PDC) team in developing vision and plans within schools and educational organizations.
- You will also organize and facilitate learning spaces for external and internal stakeholders with the objective of cultivating liberating educational experiences for young people.
- The PDC associate is also responsible for organizing and managing Eagle Rock students’ Presentations of Learning (POLs) at the end of each trimester, including schedules and events. (For more information on POLs at Eagle Rock, please see Understanding Eagle Rock’s Presentations of Learning.)
- You will provide leadership development to students participating in our Student Ambassador Program and support them in fulfilling projects of their own design, is another key responsibility.
- Finally, you will actively participate in Eagle Rock School activities that include student advisory, evening and weekend duty, community meetings, chores, service projects and house teams, are other responsibilities, as is a willingness to serve as a residential house parent should the need arise.
If the Professional Development Associate position sounds like it’s a great match for you, please use this link to apply.
The deadline for applications is Dec. 4, with video interviews to be conducted between Nov. 30 and Dec. 18. The final round of interviews will take place between Jan. 4 and Jan. 27, and again, we’d like to have the winning candidate begin work on March 1, 2021.
Questions about the position and the timeline referenced above may be sent by email to Sarah Bertucci (sbertucci at eaglerockschool dot org). Sorry but we cannot accept phone calls or paper submissions of the requested application materials.