Fall 2014 Update From The Eagle Rock Professional Development Center
A new trimester is about to get underway here at Eagle Rock and — just as in Septembers past — our Professional Development Center (PDC) finds itself gearing up to help schools across the country learn more about reengaging students in their own education.
Here in Estes Park, we’ve got a new cohort of Public Allies Fellows arriving on campus and the PDC team will help by launching a Strengths-based Fellowship Initiative that enables these fellows to access their strengths and talents in order to thrive in this demanding year of service and leadership.
And as we welcome six new staff members (in addition to the new Fellows mentioned above), the PDC team will be facilitating sessions for the Eagle Rock orientation for new staff.
Below is a listing of our Professional Development Center’s activities scheduled from now through the Thanksgiving holidays.
- Working with Tony Monfiletto, executive director of the New Mexico Center for School Leadership, and the McCune Charitable Foundation for our third convening of six schools developing new metrics for school success. The schools are ACE Leadership, Health Leadership, Amy Biehl, South Valley Academy, Native American Community Academy and American Sign Language Academy.
- Facilitating the third monthly Google Hangout in our series with Public Allies Alumni in the education space.
Sep. 25 – 26
- We regularly explore new opportunities for mission appropriate projects and have recently been introduced to the Cowen Institute for Public Education Initiatives in New Orleans, La. We will be meeting with John Ayers, Executive Director, to explore intersections in our work for reengaging youth in their own education and communities.
- Continuing our work in Detroit, Mich., with Blanche Kelso Bruce Academy. Here, we are coaching staff and leadership on further refinement with the Big Picture Learning design.
October 6 — 7
- We’ll be hosting Rochester Public Schools (N.Y.) as a group of teachers, principals and district-level administrators look to continue their work in improving student engagement efforts.
October 8 — 10
- We’ll be hosting Expeditionary Learning Schools where school leaders from a variety of schools nationally will convene to work on continuous improvement of their model. This is where teaching and learning inspires and empowers teachers to Continue reading…