Eagle Rock School Seeks a Full-time Music & Performance Instructional Specialist
If music and theater are your passions and teaching specialties, and you have a deep desire to work with a diverse group of high school students from across the nation who fancy themselves musicians and actors among other things, you or someone you know may be interested in one of our latest job openings — Music & Performance Instructional Specialist.
In addition to leading a schoolwide music and performance program and overseeing our school’s theatrical performances, the winning candidate for this job will put together and deliver a curriculum that is both innovative and creative.
Other requirements for this position include skills in vocal technique and piano, including the ability to play contemporary and popular music; as well as the ability to teach voice, piano, guitar, bass, and drums. A basic understanding of technical theater, lighting design, sound design, set construction, props, and costumes is also a must.
At a minimum, our Music & Performance Instructional Specialist position requires a bachelor or master’s degree (preferred) in music, performance or a related degree. And to be even more specific, below is a short list of the expertise you should already have in your teaching tool kit before arriving for your first day of work:
- Experience teaching high school music with a wide variety of course designs and program models.
- Experience in Big Picture, Expeditionary Learning, or similar progressive school models.
- A commitment to experiential education, project-based learning, and the creative process.
- Experience working with diverse populations including students from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds, LGBTQ students, and students from low-income families.
- A demonstrated commitment to engage wholeheartedly in our organizational priority of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
In addition to real-world experience, you will need to demonstrate success in Continue reading…